The concept of Rocket Arena is simple.
Put two players in an arena
Give them full weapons and ammo.
Take away powerups.
Take away weapon pickups.
Take away ammo and armor pickups.
Take away everything except the enemy.
... and see who's left standing.
Loser goes, winner stays, everyone else watches in line and waits for their chance.
What started as a rocket dueling mod for Quake 1 has now evolved into an entirely new way
to think of first person deathmatch. No longer is the winner determined by who can run the level the best or
time the quad or get the best weapons. Everyone begins as equals, and only their fighting skill will keep them alive.
Players can hone their skills one-on-one in hundreds of different arenas, or learn team fighting tactics in intense team battles.
With all the weapons at their disposal, players quickly learn the strengths and weaknesses of each. Using the wrong weapon in a situation
can lead to instant death when confronted with an enemy who has the full arsenal at his disposal as well. Rocket Arena is not a forgiving game.
One false move and you head to the back of the line. Hopefully a bit smarter for your next attempt.
Rocket Arena 4. The Dynasty continues. All the great gameplay of Rocket Arena 3 set in the Quake 4 world.
Rocket Arena 3 redefines what a mod can and should be,
going beyond simple gameplay and map additions and adding to the core engine itself.
Thanks to the power of client side code in Quake 3, a huge number of features never before thought possible will now
take Rocket Arena 3 to that next level. Welcome to the next generation of Rocket Arena, and the next evolution of Quake.
- Custom map set by a team of experienced mappers
- 16 Multi-Arena maps with over 64 arenas to frag in
- Four styles of gameplay:
- Rocket Arena - The original game of 1v1 or small team combat
- Clan Arena - An improved version of Rocket Arena 2's popular pickup mode
- Red Rover Arena - An innovative new team game that eliminates waiting and insures non-stop action
- Practice Arena - Fight until your fingers bleed
- Enhanced custom menu system
- New "true-lightning" client-side option to stiffen your shaft
- Ultra-smooth new trackcam and eyecam code
- Custom scoreboards with color-coded ping and packet loss readouts
- Simple voting through the new menu system, including the ability to vote between the four game types
- In-game menu based admin allow server operators and their delegates full control
- Arena locking and competition mode to facilitate fair clan play
- 14 track soundtrack with over an hour of music to frag to
Rocket Arena 2 is one of the most popular Quake 2 mods of all time. It's innovative "multi-arena" maps allows
players to choose from up to 10 arenas on a single level, and have matches going on in all of them simulatnously.
The refined "pickup" mode introduces players to the fast-paced teamplay style of Clan Arena. Several camera and
spectator modes allow observers to get into the action and learn from other players. The advanced competition, admin,
and voting features make setting up clan and ladder matches a breeze. Not to mention the mod's renowned
stability. Says one server operator "This thing just does't crash. Ever"
- 28 maps and 172 arenas
- Supports three modes of play
- 1v1: traditional arena style
- teams: 2v2, 3v3, or larger, great for intense action and awesome clan
- pickup teams of unlimited size for action you can jump right into. Similar
to Clan Arena for Quake 1.
- Three different arena styles:
- small 1v1 arenas for fast action
- medium sized arenas to enhance 1v1 strategy or build close-support team
- large DM size arenas for huge clan matches and pickup games
- Revolutionary Multi-Arena system allows for many different arenas on the
same map, each can be 1v1, teams, or pickup. The maps in the pack have between 3
and 10 arenas each! Each map contains a mixture of all the arena styles so that
you can always find one to suit your playing preference. The arena size is not
tied directly to the game type. You can play pickup games in medium size arenas,
or 1v1 in DM sized arenas.. the choice is yours (but defaults are provided). RA2
also supports all Q2 DM and CTF maps as well (and any 3rd party map for that
- Fully customizable config on the server, with options including weapon
balance, starting health/armor/ammo, ping filtering, map rotation, fast weapon
switching, and more
- Easy-to-use menu based voting system -- letting the people decide how the
game should be played (vote on weapons, health/armor, team size, pings, and
- Four awesome viewing modes (including the first 360 degree trackcam and
Quake 2's first EYECAM view) really put a new meaning to the term "spectator
- 14 Custom Colored RA2 Skins
- Support for VWEP Models
- Internet-wide stat collection
- Damage Scoring
- Competition Mode
The mod that started it all. Rocket Arena began as a way to measure players
against each other in a fast and fair fashion. Put two players in an empty room with
Rocket Launchers and let them fight it out. Who knew something so simple would
transform Quake forever?
Rocket Arena was followed by the highly successful Clan Arena, bringing team play to the
"everyone is equal" world of Rocket Arena. The fast-paced mayem of Clan Arena is still enjoyed
by many of the Quake elite.
Rocket Arena: 46 maps and a sound scheme to fit the mood
- 3 Modes - Normal, Competition, and Round Robin
- Variable number of players and teams - have 2v2 or 1v1v1 or 3v3v3v3 or any other variation!
- Works on ANY map - Rocket Arena, id maps, and 3rd party deathmatch maps as well!
- TrackCam spectator mode
- Fully Configurable with in-game admin and menu system
- Two different sound sets to choose from