Current Team Evolve™ Roster:
Has been know to dabble in Sound, Video and Graphics Editing when he's not focused on trying to finish a Level.
Favorite Games: PKA, DOD Half-Life Modification
Favorite Movies: Resident Evil, Pulp Fiction
Favorite Beer: Molsen Ice
Favorite Quote: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
|Ergodic (Michael Bright)|
Bio: Programs when not pulling hair out of his head.
Favorite Games: Painkeep, Painkeep Arena
|Gimmick (Kurt Boutilier)|
Modeller / Artist
Bio: Creative and innovative freelance illustrator and emerging 3D animator/modeller with a traditional fine art background.
Favorite Games: WarCraft 3
Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Sherk, and Ice Age
Favorite Music: Little bit of everything except country and rap
Favorite Beer: Water =) I dont drink =(
Favorite Quote: Its not a toy its reference material...
|Minty Fresh (Mike Reed)|
Bio: Been designing levels since the days of DOOM. Worked on original PainKeep. Suffers from chronic short attention span... Huh? What?
Favorite Games: PKA, Quake Series, Black & White, Diablo 2.
Favorite Music: New Order, Talking Heads, Pearl Jam, Crowded House.
Favorite Authors: Tom Clancy, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind.
Favorite Ice Cream: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard from DQ
Favorite Quote: "Run quickly and carry a Boomstick."
|Sgt Hulka (Robert Waring)|
Business / Level Designer
Bio: videogame veteran and author and former stunt double for Roseanne.
Favorite Games: Quake (I,II and III), Dungeon Keeper (1&2), Defender
Favorite Movies: Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Sixteen Cancles
Favorite Music: Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Zappa, Beatles, 80's Hair Metal
Favorite Dog: Border Collie
Favorite Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip
Favorite Quote: "We're becoming a Nation of Wimps" - George Liquor
|StarDagger (Marc Weerts)|
Musician / Sound
Bio: loves to play around with keys and sliders on computers and synths - occasionally stumbles onto something useful.
Favourite Games: Quake series, PK, PK Artefacts, PKA, Undying
Favourite Movies: 6th sense, Blazing Saddles, Shrek, Evil Dead
Favourite TV Series: Frasier, Babylon 5, Father Ted
Favourite Music: Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Alan Parsons Project
Favourite authors: Terry Pratchett, Isaac Asimov
Favourite Ice Cream: Vanilla
Favourite Quote: 'Nevermore...'
|ThinG (Tim Smith)|
Lead Level Designer
Bio: Little is known about Tim as he has been level designing 24/ 7 for the last few years. After recently being fitted with GTKRadiant brain implants it is now possible for him to continue level designing even whilst asleep. Not just a dab hand at building levels for 3d games Tim is pretty handy with a hammer and chisel and hopes to turn one of his levels into reality one day.
Favorite Games: Anything with a Rocket Launcher - and Chess
Favorite Movies: uh ... there are so many
Favorite Music: J.S Bach
Favorite Beer: Guiness
Favorite Food: Guiness
Favorite Quote: You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off
|UberStonks (Ian Lamen)|
Bio: part time operatic tenor and gerbil trainer
Favorite Game: Painkeep Arena
Favorite Movie: The Matrix
Favorite Saying: Bald is beautiful
Favorite PKA Player: Shithead, he makes me laugh!
Team Evolve™ History:
- Team Evolve™ was founded by Stephen Karl in 1996. The original team of developers were responsible for Painkeep for Quake.
- In late 1996 Robert Waring produced two commercial games as Team Evolve™. Zaero© for id Software's Quake II™ id software, and The Red Odyssey© for Battlezone™ Activision . Both packages earned rave reviews from the gaming public and press. After completion, many members left to find others positions in the game industry. Including positions at Volition, Legend Entertainment, Valve, Monolith, Relic Entertainment, ION Storm and Grey Matter Studios.
- In late 2000 Michael "Ergodic" Bright and Tim "ThinG" Smith teamed up with Robert "Sgt Hulka" Waring and many others to produce PainKeep Arena© for Quake III™. In early 2002, the Team relocated to PlanetQuake and are working on a 3.0 release version of PainKeep Arena© for 2003 and beyond!
- September 2007 Team Evolve released the source code to the popular online Quake III Modification PainKeep Arena.
Previous Team Evolve™ Members:
Many game companies use Team Evolve as a recruiting ground to solicit talent. It's no surpise a few of the talented Team Evolve designers, programmers and artists jumped at the opportunity to work for commercial game companies like Valve, Legend, Monolith, Ion Storm, Grey Matter, Volition and more! Previous Team Evolve members have communicated back to us that they were able to use their experiences with Team Evolve to further thier career designing computer games for a living!
Additional Team Evolve Assistance:
- Christopher Bolin - Airfist, Painkeep
- Toni Chaffin - Red Odyssey
- Tom Cleghorn - Zaero, Red Odyssey
- Max Douglass - Zaero
- Marcus Dromowicz - Painkeep, Zaero
- Dhabih Eng - Zaero
- Richard Farelly - Zaero, Red Odyssey
- Crista Forest - Zaero, Red Odyssey
- Anders Gustavsson - Painkeep
- Matt Houser - Airfist, Painkeep, Zaero, Red Odyssey
- Stephen F. Karl - Airfist, Painkeep, Zaero
- David Kelvin - Painkeep, Zaero
- Mark Lewis - Airfist, Painkeep, Painkeep Arena
- Dan Martin - Painkeep
- Eric Petersen - Painkeep
- Shane Powell - Airfist, Painkeep, Zaero
- Jon Skinnner - Painkeep
- David Spell - Zaero, Red Odyssey
- Dan Tudge - Red Odyssey
- Bryan Watkins - Painkeep Arena
- Scott Leonard - Painkeep Arena
Roger Bacon, Jeff Garstecki, Chris Holden, Dan Marinelli
NOTE: If you have worked with Team Evolve and your name is not on this list, or if you see an error, please contact Robert Waring asap and let him know.
Team Evolve™ 1996-2007