August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Buddy Drive
OneMadGypsyPostDecember 21, 2017, 03:38
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicBuddy Drive

Every member get's a BuddyDrive. A BuddyDrive is like a half-ass Google Drive. It is located in your profile. The limit to a BuddyDrive is 1 gig. If you end up being a productive member that is relying on your BuddyDrive to store the content that you post here I can easily up your storage limit. I have a completely unlimited server so, there is no limit too high.

Let's review some of the features of your BuddyDrive.

All of this stuff is fairly self explanatory so, I will just touch the 3 things that aren't completely obvious. If you click "bulk actions" there is only one action "delete selected". This is the only way to delete files. If you click stats, I'm assuming it will tell you how many times your file was downloaded or viewed. As of writing this stats has never had any info in it for me. If you click "edit details" it will bring you to the below screen which is where you can select who can view your files, add a description or change the display name.

Also, the "edit" button is mislabeled. It should say "save". It came that way and has nothing to do with any changes I have made. Maybe I will eventually go dig in the source and change it.

Feel free to use your BuddyDrive for whatever makes you happy.

DutchPostDecember 21, 2017, 04:34
Rookie
November 12, 2017, 14:46
Normal topicReply To: Buddy Drive

This is fantastic!!! No more stupid external links to shifty file hosters. Additionally, we shouldn't have to worry about links going dead as well.

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 21, 2017, 04:42

@Dutch - you nailed it. I would install an imgur clone if one existed. I guess I could make one. If I can make a drag and drop wad reader I don't see why making the image version of that would be all that complicated. Unfortunately I have way too much on my plate right now to even consider it.

GuestPostDecember 22, 2017, 09:03
Rookie

BuddyDrive sounds too good! Using the send to server function to upload images in QuakeOne was quite painful...

Also kudos on the new site, Gypsy! The aesthetic looks right and at least it's not screaming 'This is a generic random forum!'.

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 22, 2017, 09:13

It's going to keep getting better. I promise. I'm doing everything by myself so, it's going to take me a little time. I'm not going to let you guys down. Restyling this thing has been a real headache. I'm on mobile right now and I am noticing so many things. I have a lot more content to post. I'm just trying to round off the tables before I release them. I also have upgrades to my model viewer and wad viewer but those are also not quite right. It's seriously an overwhelming amount of work. I can handle it. I just need a little patience.

Also, you are now a member and you have a project. Projects get pages so, sometime in the near future I need to get a mod page up for you. LOL! I'm never gonna sleep again.

However, you are a web designer and you are probably better than me aesthetically so maybe you could make your own page and I'll get it set up here.

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.