QuakeWiki
August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4
show us your modelling / mapping / other projects!
TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 08:20
Insider
July 22, 2018, 00:35
Very Hot topicshow us your modelling / mapping / other projects!

a random idea from a thread i personally always really liked from back at quakeone,
as it gives everyone a chance to show of their works & see all the cool stuff everyone else is working on

so what are you currently working on? wether it be 3D-models, maps, textures, animation or whatever,
regardless of wether its quake related or not, show us anything you might be making :D

TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 08:28
Insider
Very Hot topicReply To: show us your modelling / mapping / other projects!

i myself am currently working on multiple items.

yesterday i started on a sledgehammer-style giant hammer,
which is based on the doom-hammer from world of warcraft

im making it as a gift fo my girlfriend, to use as a prop for hir draenei look in second life

im also working on a skimpy super-high/low-cut swimsuit for a particular avatar body-mesh

and lastly im also working on a gasmask for my favourite dragon-head mesh

and recently i made a few items for several avatars from orange nova

a bridle for multiple different dragon-heads for the snokra snake avatar

a body-harness set for both the snokra snake avatar and the snaggletooth kobold avatar
(pixelation-censorship added because nudity)

AdmerPostAugust 15, 2018, 09:19
December 31, 2017, 23:20

Here are my current 'active' projects:

ets_mostar.bsp - A high school project

This is pretty much my first mapping project where I'm using my own custom prop models. For example:

This one consists of 2 submodels at the moment (GoldSrc SMDs can only have 2048 vertices each :/ ), and once I start adding the flowers and other vegetation, it's likely going to climb up to 3 or 4 submodels. And so far I've made around 100 textures for it. Still, I'll need 70 more of them, not counting the ones for models.

Zvezde - A half-exploration half-combat map pack. First map is an introduction sequence, second map is all about exploring the space ship (or players can just go straight to the primary objective), and the third map is battling the aliens in their own ship.

Hollow glass domes with reflections. Or as somebody once said: space boobs. XD

And then some folks from a M&B Warband mod team asked me for another favour:

The mesh is prepared, the UV maps are prepared, and I started texturing it. In the end, it should look something like this:

Hmm, and just now I realised that my model is stretched a little bit. Oh well. :P

Lastly, this is something I've returned to:

A year ago, I promised that I would finish this map as soon as I get a new PC. I switched to Sven Co-op from CS 1.6 due to the improved map limits (mainly lightmaps and entities). But then my hardware limits caught up. Now I got new hardware, and this should go smooth like a hot knife through butter.

TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 09:29
Insider

that looks cool. especially like the medieval/egyptian loooking area with the water
and the medieval hallway with the bricks and the broken wall looks nice too

did you make all the hud weapon-models shown in those pictures too, or only the maps?
like the machine-gun and the pistol, did you make those as well?

AdmerPostAugust 15, 2018, 10:31

the medieval/egyptian loooking area with the water

There's no water in any of the screenshots I've provided. Lol, must be the tile texture. But hey, you gave me a pretty good idea for this place:

Instead of having nothing but rocks, I could add some vegetation, and water. ^^
One of the map's priorities was depth and interactivity, so this idea will open up some more doors for that priority.

Default Sven Co-op HUD and weapons, by the way. Not mine. I could do that too, but there's just that one person in the SC community who finds literally every flaw in people's weapon models. (yet he doesn't know how to make his own, lmao)

I did once make a texture for a hand viewmodel though:

Just a single diffuse texture. The hand skin was made from photos of my own hand, and I went old-school with the glove. :3

TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 14:20
Insider

hehe oh, the darker textures of the floor of the lowest part of the area made it look like there was water there. think it could look great if you made that area with the dark stone floor have water in it

also bleh fuck people like that, who just nag about everything while they have no clue
just how much work it is to make stuff because they never created anything in their life.
its easy to tear anything anyone makes apart when you have no clue just how much work goes into creation.

especially if the criticism isnt remotely constructive in the slightest and its just bitching,
you should just ignore the comments and you shouldntn't let such people stop you from creating.

if its honest constructive criticism though, dont take it negatively but as exactly what is, constructive criticism to help you improve your works.

but if its just tearing your stuff apart without giving any kinda helpfull criticism or tips on how you could improve your creations in any way, just ignore it and dont let it keep you from making stuff.

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 15, 2018, 16:21
November 12, 2017, 00:13

Your sledgehammer reminded me of my old sledgehammer project[su_lightbox type="image" src="http://i.imgur.com/FhzzU.jpg"]
click for fullsize
[/su_lightbox]

All of the stuff y'all are working on looks really good. Good Job!

TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 17:18
Insider

[quote quote=4936]Your sledgehammer reminded me of my old sledgehammer project!

hehe oh yeah that thing. i remember you shared the model with me years ago.
i never actually did anything with it, lol

AdmerPostAugust 15, 2018, 18:10

you should just ignore the comments and you shouldntn’t let such people stop you from creating.

I guess it's true. Thanks for the kind words, Talisa.

think it could look great if you made that area with the dark stone floor have water in it

Oh, it won't be just that part of the floor that will get water. You'll see what I mean, sooner or later. The whole room will get a major upgrade.
:3

TalisaPostAugust 15, 2018, 23:24
Insider

as someone who owns a virtual store myself, i've had to deal with people like that often and from time to time get people leaving shit reviews on my items despite the quality of my models

they find one tiny thing they can bitch about and just bash my hard work into the ground over it,
and got no clue just how hard i worked on those models because they never made anything themselves

i've also had people who were obviously just jealous of my skills attempt to bash me into the ground,
or even sometimes people pulling shit like trying to accuse me of theft to try and ruin me just out of jealousy.

those kinda people are not worth getting annoyed over and you shouldnt let people who just rip your work apart for no reason or bash on your work stop you from making more stuff.

dont let the haters and assholes stop you from doing what you love ;)
the internet is full of assholes who will try and rip apart anything and anyone...
when you find yourself having to deal with one, just ingore them & dont let their shit get to you

that kinda stuff sems interesting dumptruck! such a mod wouldve definitely come in handy years ago when i was attempting to make an arena-styled map with monsters "spawning in" in waves, which i faked through use of triggers with counters to make new monsters teleport in once all the enemies that previously were teleported in were killed

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 15, 2018, 23:50
November 12, 2017, 00:13

[quote quote=4968]i was attempting to make an arena-styled map with monsters “spawning in” in waves, which i faked through use of triggers with counters to make new monsters teleport in once all the enemies that previously were teleported in were killed

You mean like this map I made a while back... LOL! Teleport-a-licious. As you can see, I based it on an egg crate for a 1/2 dozen eggs ( cause that's the best way ;) :D ).

TalisaPostAugust 16, 2018, 08:37
Insider

hahaha yeah exactly like that is what my map was too...
hidden rooms with loads of monsters-teleports and triggers EVERYWHERE XD

every single monster had a target leading to count-triggers,
and there were loads of time-delayed triggers all over
to make it seem like monsters were coming in in waves

also made some more progress on the mallet im making for my girlfriend

UV-mapped several parts and made texture for the head using a great rock-texture i had as base,
which i think worked out really great and looks totally bad-ass af

AdmerPostAugust 16, 2018, 11:38

Posting entity setups now, I see. :D

Although, I usually prefer it compact.

This is from Zvezde. Lots of trains and paths for the laser system, and a great set of entities for fading volumetric light + fading smoke which was made out of sprites.

This is from the medieval-style map I used to work on and then switched it to Sven Co-op. This thing was a bomb launcher with only 3 selective locations. It wasn't like the Half-Life mortar launcher because that just wouldn't be fair for other players.

This was one of the 3 locations. I really hope I'll finish this map someday.

TalisaPostAugust 16, 2018, 13:55
Insider

[quote quote=4969]I based it on an egg crate for a 1/2 dozen eggs ( cause that’s the best way).

'Quake.. its like a crate of eggs. sometimes you gotta break some iron shells to make a giblette'

also interesting stuff admer. what game is that "Zvezde" mod for?
afraid i dont recognise what game it could possible be in your screenshots.

i also made some more progress on that mallet im working on.

UV-mapped all pieces of the mallet and textured the knot on the side of the head.
will add some AO around the knot on the head to make it stand out more at a later point.

right now im working on getting the entire model split into logic pieces which will share UVs.
i've placed all the rivets on a single UV. next is putting all of the silver parts on a single UV
and placing all of the gold parts on another UV, and the straps around the grip will have their own UV.

AdmerPostAugust 16, 2018, 15:45

@Talisa

It's for Sven Co-op. It started as a simple Half-Life co-op mod, and now it's standalone and uses a modified GoldSrc, allowing for better limits, and besides that they added a bunch of cool entity stuff, so I thought why not map for it.
Wish Valve open-sourced GoldSrc like Id Software did with their earlier IdTech engines. We'd have awesome sourceports and the world would've been a better place. :/

TalisaPostAugust 16, 2018, 17:36
Insider

hehe wanna know a fun-fact about valve's goldsrc engine?
valve's goldsrc is actually an modifed&updated version of the quake1 engine! ;)

if you look through the goldsrc code, you can even find the hud's face-icons from Quake still in there :D

and aaah ok, that explains. never played half-life1 much myself,
tried it a few times but didnt find it as fun and engaging as half-life2

also... bamf, the hammer/mallet i was working on is finished

[su_lightbox type="image" src="https://i.gyazo.com/d3265b87123888e24041b8551405a821.png"]
[/su_lightbox](click image for bigger view)

of course in-game it will have gloss-maps & normals to make the gold & silver parts actually be shiny.

AdmerPostAugust 16, 2018, 19:04

Actually, IIRC it's QuakeWorld's engine (because improved net code), bits and pieces of Quake II's engine, and on top of that, Valve's own ingredients. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Call of Duty still runs on a heavily modified IdTech, haha.

Nice hammer, by the way!

TalisaPostAugust 17, 2018, 08:36
Insider

yeah goldsrc is a modified version of quakeworld,
as you can see in the family-tree below

also, le voila, the finalized mallet in-game with gloss-maps and normals
[su_lightbox type="image" src="https://i.imgur.com/3uXwaUb.png"]
[/su_lightbox](click image for bigger view)

btw regarding CoD running on modified IDtech, you're totally correct in that guess.
CoD apparently runs on a modified RTCW engine

Mr.BurnsPostAugust 18, 2018, 13:33
Rogue
January 12, 2018, 09:03

Very Interesting thread, we really do have some talented members.

Just in case anyone already has a prototype of the following weapon they are willing to share....
I've been  looking for a Blender model of a weapon that will allow 3 modes of fire 1) a Rocket Launcher, underneath which is  2)  a small grenade launcher, and finally 3) a gas driven flame thrower. I fully appreciate I will probably have to try and model it myself but I thought I would ask just in case anyone had something similar from a previous project that they don't want anymore that perhaps I could adapt. No problem if not, I'll just have to get motivated and get  "blendering".

In any event keep up the good work all, and please post updates as its great to see projects work through to fruition.

Oh, and my heavens... "space boobs"  :D

Kind regards

Mr.B

TalisaPostAugust 24, 2018, 20:46
Insider

[quote quote=5163] I’ve been looking for a Blender model of a weapon that will allow 3 modes of fire 1) a Rocket Launcher, underneath which is 2) a small grenade launcher, and finally 3) a gas driven flame-thrower

hmmm... i dont have the last one, but i did once make an M79 grenade-launcher

and maybe the mirv-launcher that i made for the drake-mod could be usefull to you

both of those you'd be free to use if you want, just as long as you give me credit for both models

also, a few days ago i re-vamped the gems i made long ago for the drake-mod
with brand-new textures and created normals & specular maps to make them look much better,
as well as adding 2 additional gems which i previously made for personal projects

[video src="https://i.gyazo.com/f74e8a21f03e5a8fb0b7db65a159793c.mp4" /]

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Page loaded in: 0.082 seconds.