August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
hello again quakewiki!!
GuestPostOctober 10, 2018, 23:02
Rookie

Normal topichello again nextgenquake!!

hello to everyone :) First of all I'm glad to know that somehow the quakeone people are reunited again. I think the site is very good, although the site is still a bit strange. But it works and it looks good, and its not suposse to be a quakeone clone, so IMO the page is very good.
I am really excited about creating something related to quake, but I didn't have a very clear idea. So I decided on a little map with some custom progs.dat, like the ones I used to enjoy a few years ago. It's going to be my first a real-quake map released in internet :)

This has given me an idea, how about all of us getting together in a mini map jam? maybe it will last for a week, without a particular theme.
Aniway, i will create the thread of the map soon in the maps/ section

cheers <3

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 11, 2018, 01:42
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicReply To: hello again nextgenquake!!

Hey Nahuel! I missed you, bro.

@how about all of us getting together in a mini map jam?

I had this same idea recently but, my current project is gigantic and I am afraid to work on anything else. I don't want to lose my rhythm. However, if any of y'all got together and made your own Map Jam I could take the time to design a special page to promote it. There is a private forum on this board that some members have access to. I could give you access (and anybody that joins your map jam) and that would give you a place to congregate and share your developing work without it being exposed to the general public. Also you can actually form a group on your profile and make it private in the same way.

This could be helpful if your "team" needs to share files, images, etc but you aren't ready for the world to see it yet.

TalisaPostOctober 11, 2018, 19:28
Insider
July 22, 2018, 00:35

heh mention of a group jam makes me think back of the chain-map thing back at quakeone,
where everybody would take turns adding a piece to the map to slowly put together one big map together.

adam had made a skill-selection area, and i made a start area with some floating platforms and some tower thing... and then the project just stopped as the next person in line to add to the map didnt do jack shit.

i think i probably might still have it somewhere, although i wouldnt know where

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 12, 2018, 15:57

That's because Adam was not supposed to be the first one in line. I was. I started that chain map because GoldenBoy was upset that nobody asked him to join some other chain map thing. When Adam jumped the line it really pissed me off. Adam primed the destruction of the whole chain map by deciding he was going to skip the whole line and do whatever he wants. When you added to his map that was the final nail in the coffin. My 3 days of work were officially nulled. What I had started and what y'all decided to skip ahead with were very different worlds. I started that chain map and y'all just ran over me. I was posting EVERY day in that thread about my progress. It's like everybody just said "Fuck you and your progress. We're gonna do this." ... and the chain map died. If we would have stuck to the order that was agreed upon in the thread and didn't have participants trying to claim they didn't know better (an embarrassingly terrible excuse considering all the info was right there in the thread that was being updated multiple times a DAY) the chain map would not have died. I only needed like one more day. The architecture was complete, I was just struggling a little bit with getting the lights right.

My chunk of the chain map was bad-ass. Nobody is ever denying that I know how to lay some nice brushwork but, on top of that I had a puzzle involving 3 traps. These 2 pictures do not do it justice as this is nothing but the top and bottom of a lift. All of that is just surrounding 1 func_plat. There were 4 more rooms. It took me 3 days because I was making something awesome. If I could find the map I would load it up and take more pics.

-----

Unrelated: Man, I am noticing more things this stupid theme update has messed up. Where the hell are all the editor buttons? :SMH: I'm never updating this theme again.

edit: Fixed. It wasn't the theme update. It was an optimizer plugin I recently installed. For whatever reason it ate all the buttons and it broke the style a little on the home page. I just deleted it. I have no time or patience to figure out which of it's gazillion settings are the problem.

TalisaPostOctober 14, 2018, 00:12
Insider
July 22, 2018, 00:35

sorry to re-open that wound gypsy.
it was years ago so i had honestly forgot wtf happened.

those pics do look cool :)

castles and dungeons are always good in my book

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 14, 2018, 02:19

I'm nowhere near as worried about it as my post made it sound. I'm sure I relived the disappointment a little while I was writing that but, there is way too much going on in my life to perpetuate really any emotions at all regarding anything.

I have a very hard job (which is fine. It's just true*), I'm still dealing with that thing I mentioned to you in the chat canvas and then deleted regarding my girl and my brain is unceasingly trying to put all the blocks together on how I am going to officially program the language I invented. On top of that I'm dealing with issues regarding this site and server, trying to convince people with deep pockets to invest in my ideas and taking a hard look at everything to figure out what it is that I even care about. I think I care about everything I just said but, I'm honestly not convinced so, I definitely don't care about a 3 year old disappointment. Certainly not beyond however many moments it took me to write that response, anyway.

*I got "talked to" because I kept management there for 2 extra hours while I reprepped the entire station. They kept saying "leave it for tomorrow" and I said "I'm not leaving the morning guy fucked just cause you don't want to stay." They got real mad about that. I gave no fucks and still don't. The same guy that needs to go in tomorrow morning is the guy I relieved tonight. He left me perfect. I left him perfect. I didn't WANT to stay but, fuck what I want. I did what I'm supposed to do. Funny thing is, when I started prepping the station management was all "Wow, you actually do the job. Nobody ever does the job." 2 hours later they were crying. I would have stayed a 3rd hour if they weren't a bunch of babys.

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.