August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
You Are Blocked
OneMadGypsyPostOctober 18, 2018, 11:30
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicYou Are Blocked

Nobody is now or ever has been blocked. This is my stupid server trying to "help" me with SPAM prevention. By using the native wordpress login you should never see this message.

The native login can be accessed via the login link in the upper navigation menu. I am sorry for the inconveniences. I have no power to stop it until I get rid of this annoying fucking server.

Mr.BurnsPostOctober 18, 2018, 17:11
Rogue
January 12, 2018, 09:03
Normal topicReply To: You Are Blocked

No problem MG, and thank you for dealing with it as soon as you were aware of it. Other Server admins are not so attentive and would have let their users suffer... well.... indefinately,

Thanks again

Monty

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 19, 2018, 00:29

I don't want anybody to suffer for even a millisecond. It's embarassing to me that my website tells my users they are blocked and I am basically powerless to do anything about it. I mean, I could ditch the right sidebar login but, I don't want to. If you check "remember me" from that login it almost never brings up the blocked screen. I think this has something to do with cookies. Like, you go to login but you don't have a cookie so it just assumes you aren't legit. Just straight up garbage. I hate one.com. I GUARANTEE you we will be getting another server. I'm making plenty of money so that is no issue. It's more about time right now.

I am tempted to buy one of those 179.00 a month packages that has all the bells and whistles. We aren't really big enough for that but, I like having nice things. I want us to have nice things. A blazing fast server with a shit load of storage, SSL, SSH and everything else you can imagine could open up a lot of possibilities.

I don't know yet. This is probably one of those things that I shouldn't do but, end up doing anyway cause I suck at telling myself "no". "Yes" is a lot more fun, til it isn't but, then everything works out one way or another so, it doesn't really matter. I used to spend a hell of a lot more than $179 a month on weed and now I spend $0 on weed so, maybe this can just be the new and cheaper 'weed' that doesn't get you high but, it has a lot of RAM.

On a completely unrelated note, I shucked almost 1200 oysters today. A sack is about 100 oysters and I shucked 12 sacks. I shucked roughly the same yesterday. Tomorrow and Saturday my shifts are shorter so, I am estimating about 800 per each of those days. When you put that in perspective, my actual job is to break open 4000 rocks in 4 days and feed people the snot-like center. That's an actual job in this world. It's almost 2019 and my job is to emulate a caveman with the help of a tool, in a tie and a vest. I'm a well dressed and overpaid caveman... for a living. People walk from their table clean across the entire restaurant just to hand me money and thank me for serving them excellent rock snot. I get more respect than probably anyone in any other position because shucking thousands of rocks so you can easily eat the snot is a "dying art".

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 28, 2018, 16:34

I think I fixed the "You Are Blocked" message. I can't be certain but, I did some things and then I kept signing in and out to try to get the message and it won't give it to me. I deleted all of my browser cache and cookies and signed in after that as well and it did not give me the message. I don't really know what the stipulation was that was creating that message in the first place so I cannot be sure it is fixed. The only data i have to go on is this:

1) My HOST forces that message when it thinks my database has been accessed "illegally"
2) The sidebar login is the ONLY spot that generates that message

So, with that information the only thing I can derive is something about the sidebar login "randomly" confuses my host into thinking the database has been accessed "illegally". I changed something about the sidebar login and now I can't get it to give me the "You Are Blocked" message. This does not mean it is fixed though. That message always appeared so randomly that maybe I just haven't hit some unknown condition that generates the message. For instance maybe it only throws that message if you have an expired cookie or maybe some random fart on the server is sending/receiving bad data or maybe the login box itself has some 1 in 1000 glitch with the math verification field. I'm not saying it is any of those things. I'm saying that I simply don't know what it is but, I took a guess on another possibility that isn't described here and so far I can't get the message to show up.

I hope it is fixed. Not only is the issue embarrassing but, I think we lost at least one member that is too fucking lazy and stupid to speak up when encountering such a thing. If I am right, that would be the SECOND time this person has dropped out due to a fucking technical issue. I have no respect for that shit. If I got a "You Are Blocked" message somewhere and there is no reason I should be blocked. I wouldn't be crying like a little bitch, I would be contacting people and asking questions/giving a heads up... just like Mr. Burns did me when he encountered the message. Mr Burns didn't go "I am blocked? Fuck NextGenQuake." He contacted me and I resolved the issue for him the second I got the message. Amazing what you can accomplish with just a little bit of communication.

Also, just a heads up, if anyone was BANNED they wouldn't be getting an all white page with the words "You Are Blocked". They would be getting a page styled exactly like the rest of the site that says "You Are Banned" ... big difference. Just a minor observation like "This all white page does not look a fucking thing like the site and I am sure wordpress did a better job than this to notify bans" can go a long way. Nobody to date has been banned except definite spammers.

ZopPostNovember 11, 2018, 23:30
Rookie
September 17, 2018, 23:44

I didn't get blocked? Fuck NextGenQuake!

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 13, 2018, 14:50

I think the "you are blocked" message is gone. I haven't seen it since I last posted in this thread. Has anyone else seen the "you are blocked" message?

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.031 seconds.