Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Weapon replacement
GuestPostJuly 15, 2018, 15:29
Rookie

Normal topicWeapon replacement

Hi everyone,

I need to get better at 3D modeling and texturing so a week ago I started the practice-project 'Make Quake In Unity' where I'm basically trying to replicate original Quake art and functionality using Blender and Unity3D.

I'm not using Quake palette and I'm texture painting in blender. The idea is that I will probably retexture and remodel many of these as I get more and more experience with blender (we'll see). I appreciate any feedback from Quake artists, other 3D people and random bystanders.

Progress so far (updated 7/22/2018):

• wrench: instead of axe, same behavior)
  • pistol-revolver: instead of shotgun, similar behavior but only one bullet instead of many pellets)
  • double-barrel shotgun: same behavior but with reload animation
  • machine gun: instead of nailgun, same behavior
  • plastic explosives: instead of grenade launcher. Explodes after 5 sec, similar to Quake's grenade launcher but without the bouncing action
  • energy gun/vacuum-cleaner: instead of thunderbolt, same behavior, the thing in the middle rotates while it shoots
  • rocket launcher: same behavior but with reload animation

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 15, 2018, 20:49
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicReply To: Weapon replacement

That's friggin awesome, man! I love the art style. I'm completely unaware of anyone that has gone this direction in Quake. I think you're on to something.

GuestPostJuly 16, 2018, 16:10
Rookie

pretty cool - keep at it!

GuestPostJuly 18, 2018, 17:16
Rookie

Thanks to both! I've added some sort of explosive package instead of grenade launcher and a revolver to replace the shotgun. After I have the 'family' complete (currently missing thunderbolt and rocket launcher), I guess I'll move onto pick-up items or maybe characters.

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.