August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Cause sometimes you just gotta eat some lunch
OneMadGypsyPostJuly 22, 2018, 14:08
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicCause sometimes you just gotta eat some lunch

Mmmm, slow cooked tuna steak on a bed of fresh spinach and carrots with sautee'd other vegetables, homemade Asian sauce and Bleu cheese crumbles.

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 22, 2018, 14:27
Normal topicReply To: Cause sometimes you just gotta eat some lunch

Well I finished eating it and out of 5 stars I give it like a 3.5, maybe a weak 4. It was awesome, but for some reason the tuna was just a little bit dry and those bleu cheese crumbles were terrible. I mean, could I have charged 18$ - 22$ for it and had my customers telling me it as amazing ... probably. My palette is more refined than your average customer though. I probably should have added a little wine.

I forgot one detail. Everything that was cooked was done so in just a little bit of bacon grease. Maybe that had something to do with the dryness. I never tried that before.

GuestPostJuly 22, 2018, 16:48
Rookie

Eating is a healthy habit. You seem to be a good cook, kudos to that. Last time I was in a kitchen alone I was evacuated in an ambulance.

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 27, 2018, 10:53

Oh my. I just made the hottest potato chip dip I have ever eaten in my life. It's just cream cheese, lemon juice, minced jalapeno, minced garlic and a dash of some roasted garlic grill mates seasoning. I don't know if the store F'd up or something but this "jalapeno" is more like a ghost pepper. It's really good, just insanely hot.

Edit:
I was wondering if maybe lemon juice makes peppers hotter. According to google, citrus juice is actually supposed to neutralize peppers. Plus the base for the dip is cream cheese, which is dairy and should neutralize the peppers even more. How f'n hot would this "jalapeno" be raw?

I'm not a punk about hot food. I'm from the deep south and have been eating super spicy stuff my whole life. This dip will burn your eyebrows off. There is no way this is a jalapeno. I could chew a jalapeno seeds and all like it's candy.

Edit 2:
They fucked up. This is a Serrano Pepper --- whoo buddy! Hot as fuck! I say they fucked up cause the little bullshit store down the street from my house only sells 2 kinds of peppers. Jalapeno and Bell. I've been getting a fresh jalapeno from the exact same display in the store every other day for years.

Don't let the sizes fool you they can be the same size. If somebody put serranos in the jalapeno display could you tell the difference? I cooked professionally for almost 2 decades and I don't see any definitive indicator. Ohhhh but your face will hook you up with some answers.

@definitve indicator ~ maybe that little curl at the tip of the jalapeno, MAYBE. This is one picture of each, there is no guarantee that that feature will always be on one and/or never be on the other. I bet the real indicator is jalapeno's are always bulbous at the top and serrano's aren't.

ijazzPostAugust 17, 2018, 02:11
Rookie
August 9, 2018, 15:17

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/serrano-vs-jalapeno-peppers

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 17, 2018, 04:32

what do you do when they are both 2 inches and green?

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.