August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
HD textures for SP-maps!
TalisaPostOctober 4, 2018, 16:47
Insider
July 22, 2018, 00:35
Very Hot topicReply To: HD textures for SP-maps!

added both packs to the list :D

also updated the AD thread to include your packs for AD maps there as well :)

PostOctober 8, 2018, 12:18
Rookie
September 12, 2018, 13:41

His Majesty Rubicon The Second

Rubicon (II) HD texures

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzv2h1shm1zd4wq/Rubicon_II_v.1.0_CV.pk3?dl=0

Dred HD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8ihyb58ojjywtr/HD_dread.pk3?dl=0

TalisaPostOctober 9, 2018, 12:34
Insider

[quote quote=5924]His Majesty Rubicon The Second

added to the list ;)

(placed it after the rubicon HD-pack)

PostOctober 14, 2018, 10:20
Rookie

RRP HD textures

RRP HD textures

Project done for 95%

Im stuck on this point:

WIP

Im loocking for picture of crucified Ranger.

Someone can help?

UPD.

Solution found. txs.

PostOctober 17, 2018, 03:23
Rookie

That's all folks!

RRP HD textures v.1.0

(Both Rubicon's HD texturepacks are reqired!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_FrSup9CYA_i65ce1NPUn6ErBoVEybT/view?usp=sharing

RRP HD textures

TalisaPostOctober 17, 2018, 04:54
Insider

[quote quote=6017]
RRP HD textures v.1.0
(Both Rubicon’s HD texturepacks are reqired!)

added to the list ;)

PostOctober 29, 2018, 03:10
Rookie

Hi, Quake fans!

Here is cr8_HD_texturepack
for remarkable maps

Warm welcome home (xmasjam_bal.bsp from Xmas Jam 2017)
Explore or Die
Silver-Gold (sm168_digs2.bsp from Speedmapping Pack 168)

(and others were cr8_textures used ;)

cr8 themed maps HD Textures

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17QWUIC8drUJrQX8HOyMIHX3nFq0Nfgah/view?usp=sharing

PostDecember 11, 2018, 11:40
Rookie

xmasjam2018_scampie HD Textures

Grab it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u57wjhg0u5nrauj/xj_2018_scampie_HDtex_CV_1.0.pk3?dl=0

PostDecember 13, 2018, 09:13
Rookie

HD textures for map
xmasjam2018_strideh2 (Mutagenesis)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xaoeongegym1ae/xmasjam2018_strideh2_HD_CV.pk3?dl=0

TalisaPostDecember 15, 2018, 11:39
Insider

@qazzaq

added both of your xmasjam2018 and your CR8-maps texture-packs to the list :)

could you perhaps replace any images/albums in your posts with direct links instead of embedded?

that way they dont clutter up the thread as much and dont add to load-times of the page.
there's already a shit-ton of pics in the main post which take a while to load.

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 15, 2018, 12:08
November 12, 2017, 00:13

@that way they dont clutter up the thread as much

This entire thread is a train wreck. The first post is so long and takes so long to load that finding the last post is a battle between scrolling and the page loading. I'm not being mean. I am being honest. You don't generally come across forums with super long posts because, it is a terrible design. At the very least the main post should have collapsible categories (like the Drake post). Users shouldn't have to fight the page loading with the scrollbar while they hunt for the last post.

If this was my thread I would make individual categorical posts and I would update the first post with permalinks to each new post. This way lots of images can eventually get pushed off of this page and load times would increase but, the first post would have permalinks to those posts so, they would be easy to navigate to. Basically, make this thread like a directory.

You can still do this.

1) let qazzaq post all the images and links they desire
2) break your main post up into individual replies in this thread
3) make a permalink list in your main post to yours and qazzaqs texture pack replies. Permalinks can be copied by right-clicking the number (ex: #2453) in the upper right of the reply and selecting "copy link target" (or similar, dependent on browser) from the context menu.

It's a lot of work but, you don't have to do it all at once. Do 2 replies a day. You'll eventually have your directory complete. This will make your job easier. When qazzaq replies, all you have to do is put a link in the first post. Also, as you create/find textures that belong in a certain category (that already exists) you can simply edit the reply for that category, and your first post will have a direct link to bring you there.

EDIT: If you make this thread a directory don't use the link from the permalink number. It doesn't do what you expect. I have post order reversed so all the links are wrong. We can get around that by making the address a different way. Make sure you include the trailing slash.

http://www.nextgenquake.com/reply/PERMALINK_NUMBER/
ex:                     .../reply/6134/
PostDecember 18, 2018, 14:47
Rookie

HD textures for map

xmasjam2018_bal (Entering the city of Pale)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jbt5HfdoqgQrmm7CcsSWpZLurwRfUZ8L

TalisaPostDecember 19, 2018, 13:18
Insider

hmmm... the idea of adding maps into categories with expand-options is a good idea

to put maps into categories like drake-mod maps, quoth-maps, AD-maps, mapjam-# groups,
and put each group inside its own an group expand-tag

EDIT: just put a whole bunch of maps inside groups with expand-folders,
which already makes the first post a lot less massive :)

i know its still huge, but for the rest all released packs
i'd really need to sit down some time to sort all packs into themes,
like metal, runic, brick, wizard etc

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 19, 2018, 16:26

Thank you for even going this far. I love you to smithereens but these long threads make me annoyed. Mostly because I've made sure that we all have tools and options at our disposal to create nice clean formats. Don't get me wrong, I can not accurately express my appreciation for how much work you have done moving and maintaining your work here. As far as I am concerned, you're like a super-hero or something, but, as an admin I look at these super long posts and think "Most people are going to come to this page and leave 10 seconds later. All this work just to have it ignored because the format is terrible.". However, when I get annoyed I don't know how to express myself properly ... and I know that ... so instead of say much of anything and chance saying something that will piss you off, I just let it go on forever. But, that isn't doing either of us any good.

2 thumbs up for at least chopping the thread down to 2/3rds

@ come to this page and leave 10 seconds later - I have logs. This happens to you more than you want to know. Some of it is just bots and bullshit but, not all of it. Guess who has the longest page visit times. Mr Burns and his OOT thread. This is because there is a lot of information but it is formatted very well and there aren't an excessive amount of images borking load times and the user experience. There is no denying it, Mr Burns nailed the perfect format and the logs prove it. I don't even get page visit times as long as his and basically none of my posts are long. It's all in how you present the material and Mr Burns has everybody beat on that one.

TalisaPostDecember 19, 2018, 16:48
Insider

hmmm yeah i know its still quite massive...... there's just a fuck-ton of texture-packs available,
and personally i like having previews for each pack available which makes the thread a lot bigger than it already is

it adds additional load-time and makes the thread bigger, but it gives players a preview of what the map looks like so they can see what the map would look like with the texture-pack without having to download it first.

i unno.... i totally get it and at some point i will take the time to sort everything into expand-groups,
but it will be a massive undertaking to sort all those texture-packs since its so frigging much packs.

and im afraid that right now i simply dont have the time to go through all that work,
especially seeing that this coming saturday i will be going on vacation for the holidays

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 19, 2018, 17:01

In all honestly, Talisa. There is no rush. Just knowing that you "get it" and have ambition to eventually address it is enough for me. I'm not standing around with a whip screaming "get back to work!" or anything ;). I am very aware of how much work this is. I'll tell you what. Figure out what goes in what category and we can split up the work between you and I and bang this out when you are ready. You don't have to do it alone. You never had to do it alone. At any time you could just say "Gypsy, I need to get this thread in order. Will you help me?" and the answer would be yes ... even if you didn't say please. ;). This may be your thread but this is our site (meaning everybody). You created a lot of work but, for "the greater good" you should have some help. Helping you get these pages in order helps everybody. Instead of people coming here and thinking "fuck this" they decide to stay and read more things.

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 19, 2018, 17:13

We should maybe even consider some more options. This thread could too easily get buried. It's needs a home where it's not depending on "Recent Posts" to stay easily accessible. All your replacement threads are a big deal and we need to figure out how to integrate them into a spot that never disappears from a menu. Enjoy your vacation. While you are away I am going to think about things. When you get back we'll chat about the best possible way to make your work a site feature instead of just another thread.

So, actually, don't do anything to this thread, yet. We may end up scrapping the thread version altogether. There are a lot more ways than this one to present things here. A good example is the Tools menu.

TalisaPostDecember 19, 2018, 17:17
Insider

pffff i dont even know honestly.... theres also a lot of packs by CV, bloodvengance and qazzaq
for maps that i have personally never even heard of and would have a clue what theme they have.

....and for some packs there arent even pics available so cant look at the pic to see theme.

would have to browse quaddicted for each of those maps to see what theme the maps are,
and then note the theme of each pack down and sort them into groups.

some of the themes that the maps would have to be grouped into are:
metal/runic , caves/catacombs , wizard , castles/temples , base

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 19, 2018, 17:25

Ya know, we might need a "NGQtv" version of this thread. Some page with a texturepack browser on it. I need time to consider exactly how that would work and how to make it possible for you and qazzaq to easily add packs. I am not looking forward to writing a bunch of Javascript but, your contributions are so massive that something needs to be invented to better organize all of this stuff.

TalisaPostDecember 19, 2018, 23:34
Insider

hmmm yeah, that could be an idea, to have something like that with a fancy directory,
and with tags added to each texture-pack and a search-function

there's so much texture-packs that without something more fancy,
its just going to be a giant-ass list no matter what

Pages: 1 2 3
Page loaded in: 0.112 seconds.