QuakeWiki
August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Small Mod Compilation (by Seven)
OneMadGypsyPostJuly 23, 2018, 22:38
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicSmall Mod Compilation (by Seven)

This is a content dump from quakeone in order to preserve this great work. I am not the author nor am I pretending to be. If Seven ever joins I will change him to the author of this post.

The "small mod compilation" aka SMC started a few years ago with Footsteps + New fire + Nailposition-fix. Over the years I extended it by adding new features.

Main target of the SMC is to keep the gameplay of original Quake, but bring new features / ideas to increase the playing experience and fun.

Many users also requested to add optional new monsters, because it blows new life into Quake and brings variation. In the meantime we have 18 new monster types and have thereby more than doubled Quake´s minions !

The biggest advantages of the SMC:

Almost all of its features (including the new monster types) can be enabled / disabled via cvars (please read the included readme.txt for details) so you can adjust Quake to your personal liking.
It works with all Quake maps (incl. mission pack 1 + 2) as well as ALL fan-made maps/episodes that do not include their own 'progs.dat'. So you can enjoy this mod in hundreds and hundreds of maps.

Here is a quick overview of the SMC features:

Visual effects:

• 3 flame types: polygon, sprite, particle flames (incl. fire and candles)
  • All particle effects reworked and enhanced (with various options to choose from)
  • Implemented Rain + Snow effects (with rain + thunder sounds)
  • Water / Lava / Slime particle splashes + sound effects (for all projectiles and entities)
  • Particle muzzleflashes and impact effects for weapons (also for monster weapons)
  • Player + monster bleeding when wounded and leave blood puddles when killed
  • Various additional gore / blood / flesh effects when shooting/gibbing monsters/corpses
  • Many new monster animations and new visual effects to make them more impressive
  • Flies buzz around corpses, gibs and zombies
  • Many new environment effects / sounds to make Quake more "living"/realistic in general
  • Added trails to monsters projectiles
  • Statue monsters have debris + dust particles instead of blood particles in MP2
  • Various extra visual and particle effects for player, monsters, teleporters, slipgates / gates
  • Additional underwater + inslime + in lava effects (colored view, dust / bubble particles)

Original Quake / Gameplay Bugfixes:

• Fixed Quake's original player pain sound bug in skill 3
  • Fixed Monster-count bug for swimming monsters
  • Fixed original ID1 fish model death animation bug
  • (Super)-NailGun's nail position correction
  • Fixed zombie and mummy flesh-projectile spawn-position for 2nd attack animation
  • Fixed projectiles "interact/explode on sky" bug (aka "solid sky bug")
  • Fixed tarbabies original Quake: They no longer get stuck on ledges and steps
  • Option to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors/explo-boxes
    Mission Pack 1:
  • Fixed hipdemo1.dem missing music bug
  • Fixed DP related bug that deals damage from rubbles even though they are lying on the floor
    Mission pack 2:
  • Fix for Darkplaces buzzsaw not moving bug
  • Fix for Darkplaces Lavaman projectile "stuck in walls" bug
  • Fix for Darkplaces Plasma Gun projectile not moving bug

Additional features:

• New CSQC-HUD with additional features and layouts to choose from
  • Optional NEW Monsters:
    ---> Afrit, Carnivean, new Dog, Defender, Demon head, Eliminator, Ghost servants, Hydra, Necromancer, Pyro, Reiver, Spider, Teneb, Torment, Warlord, Yakman, new zombie
  • Multiskin / Multimodel support for monsters. You can now use multiple monster skins/models at the same time
    ---> Added a "Starter Kit" with all necessary files, that fully supports it is included for your convenience
  • Monster sizes are adjustable
  • Pain skins for all monsters (independent to used skin or model)
  • Monsters can be inflamed with explosive weapons (running around in panic)
  • Shalrath + Spider can jump and hang on ceilings (also when starting a map to suprise the player from above)
  • Optional modify monsters frequence to go into pain animation. As well as running/shooting animation speed
  • Optional make soldiers aim better depending on played "skill" -level
  • Optional make hellknight and wizard projectiles home midly depending on played "skill" -level
  • Optional modify / edit monster skin colors and/or size randomly (for higher variation in-game)
  • Various additional weapon special-effects
    ---> Added a "Weapon Starter Kit" with all necessary files
  • Added idle weapon animation feature + freely position your weapons feature (works with all models)
  • Visible weapons (vwep's) in 3rd person mode and in 1st person mode mirrors / reflections
  • Added adjustable Gyro physics: Monsters, gibs and backpacks interact with liquids and weapon projectiles
  • "Ragdoll" for corpses
  • Weapon recoil feature (pushes the player slightly backwards when shooting)
  • Added footstep (player and monsters) and water wading sounds
  • Added switch-weapon sounds
  • Option to adjust view-weapons & monster transparency
  • 2 different flashlights to choose from (classic + cubemap): impulse 30
  • Kickable / shootable / eatable gibs and heads + all gib properties are adjustable now (duration, quantity, animation)
  • Additional animated heart gib
  • Corpses can be gibbed, burned in various ways
  • Nails stick in Walls (with adjustable lifetime)
  • Added additional cheats "kill all monsters", give all powerups, etc.
  • Crucified zombies are now shootable / killable
  • Added support for adding models + sounds + effects into maps via ent files (without edit QC)
  • Added Zombie, ogre and mumies enhanced aiming (taking z-direction into account now)
  • Monsters / corpses / gibs interaction with lava + slime (particle effects and skin changes)
  • Exploding boxes spawn burning debris chunks
  • Possibility to see transparent view-weapons during invisibility time
  • Powerup countdown on screen
  • Adjustable weapon autoswitch behaviours (when picking up new weapons)
  • Different custom backpack models (for enforcer / grunt / ogre)
  • Different custom animated health + megahealth models (adjustable for different world types)
  • Added 6 new after-death-animations (selectable via cvars for each monster + randomness options)
  • Monsters have individual impact sounds, when their corpses fall onto the floor
  • Adjustable 'earthquake shattering' when shambler and Torment dies and falls
  • Fully adjustable player and grunt shell casings
  • Monster-clone feature (multiply enemies in a map)
  • Adjustable teleport / beam feature for wizards and demons
  • Slowmotion effect (when monster die or are gibbed, etc.)
  • Lightning gun killing animation (monster are coaled and crush into pieces)
  • Random slight earthquakes to increase ambience and thrill
  • Visible player body/legs when looking down
  • New player effects when health is low, like:
    ---> Hearing his own heartbeat at low health, that starts to pump quicker and louder when health gets really low
    ---> Aiming (crosshair) starts to suffer when seriously wounded and gets worth when health gets really low
  • All monster properties are adjustable (like health and damage values)
  • All player weapon attack / damage values and max. ammo capacity are adjustable
  • Medikits + armor + ammo + backpack values contents are adjustable
  • Shalrath's missiles are optionally shootable
  • Interactive crosshair, changes crosshair / color. Choose one of these features:
    ---> aiming at monsters considering individual weapon range
    ---> aiming at monsters considering monster_health (green: full health till red: low health)
    ---> player health (green: full health till red: low health)
    ---> dynamic distance scaling
    ---> individual weapon crosshairs
  • Optional: lossless crates + backpack pickups (no waste for more ammo or health anymore)
  • Adjustable tilted torches (autodetecting algorithm to adjust torches in all maps)
  • monsters with fire-like projectiles and lava can inflame the player
  • monsters with acid-like projectiles and slime can poison the player
  • Flying dust, ember and other particles in maps (fully adjustable)
  • Changing players shirt color depending on used/picked armor
  • Use Mage weapon (Hexen) instaed of lightning gun (weapon properties/damage/ammo is identical)
  • Random audio taunts when killing or gibbing an adjustable monster-count in a given time
  • Random angled ammo and health boxes in all maps
  • "personal teleporter feature" (for new gameplay twists and more strategic combat): impulse 40
  • instant melee attack feature (Push key/button to perform a single axe swing at anytime): impulse 20
  • New HUD animations (spinning models, animated biosuit visor, powerup overlays, ...)
  • War Cry scream for player
  • Optional weapon jittering for fast firing weapons
  • Blood splatters on HUD when gibbing monsters nearby
  • Added run+shoot feature for grunts/soldiers and enforcers
  • Kickable grenades for lots of fun
  • Adjustable player size (eye level)
  • RL & GL projectile explosions now spawn interactive blood splats from monsters and players
  • Option to disable shadows for torches (handy when using custom torch models with RT lights)
  • Option for old film / grain look overlay effect (like in old movies)

Video Gallery: Small Mod Compilation

All source codes are included in the Download.
The SMC is developed and runs best with the DarkPlaces engine.

====================================================
Some of SMC´s additional monster types:

[su_slider source="media: 3804,3803,3802" width="800" height="460" title="no" arrows="no" pages="no" mousewheel="no" autoplay="3000"]

====================================================

UPDATE 20170816

Version V5.60 Release

Download the newest SMC versions from below link:
(Please READ the included readme.txt !)

DropBox: Quake | Mission Pack 1 | Mission Pack 2
GDrive: Quake | Mission Pack 1 | Mission Pack 2

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 23, 2018, 23:02
Normal topicReply To: Small Mod Compilation (by Seven)

It took a lot of working with the raw html and some compromises but the above post should basically be identical to Seven's most recent SMC post.

TalisaPostJuly 24, 2018, 01:11
Insider
July 22, 2018, 00:35

seven's SMC is one of the best mods ever made for quake that totally deserves to be preserved
and definitely doesnt deserve to get lost to the void due to quakeone's slow painfull death

its without a doubt one the must-have mods for regular quake and mission-packs
and for making any maps that dont use their own progs.dat new and fresh again

or just if you want quake to be a bit more challenging and varying with all the new unique monsters and some of the random rare appearances of more-powerfull monsters.

people in the past often compared seven's SMC to brutal doom, but imo brutal doom has nothing on the SMC and is nowhere near as amazing and expansive as the SMC <3

i hope seven will one day look at this site and will feel inspired to play & mod quake again

from what i saw it seemed the slow burning-down of quakeone killed seven's desire to mod quake too.

i hope that if seven ever looks at this site that he will find back the joy and desire to go back to modding quake once more thanks to the friendly community here

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 24, 2018, 01:29

I did everything I could to represent him to the fullest. I even turned the entire body of his youTube work into a playlist (took forever) and installed it in the video gallery.

Mr Burns intends to contact him and invite him here. Maybe you should too, if you know how.

TalisaPostJuly 24, 2018, 01:38
Insider

oh yeah sure, i could send him a PM over at quakeone to extend him an invitation to come check this site out

other than that, i cant really think of any other way to contact him?
i could maybe add a comment to the 'discussion' tab on his youtube channel?

i dont have his email or any other way to contact him otherwise

i could also invite gdiddy to come check this site out and join?
i have his email and from time to time chat with him through emails.

im sure gdiddy would also be delighted to see a new quake-dedicated site thats active

Mr.BurnsPostJuly 24, 2018, 05:33
Rogue
January 12, 2018, 09:03

I sent him a PM yesterday and an email today to ask to ask if he was okay with me replicating his SMC work. Obviously I didn't know this page was being built but I will update it as with his reply as soon as he comes back to me.

Kind regards

Monty

GuestPostJuly 24, 2018, 20:50
Rookie

SMC's is one of the best Quake mods I ever played and it's nice to see it propagate online instead of dying inside an agonizing blob of bits overrun by spambots.

TalisaPostJuly 24, 2018, 22:49
Insider

hmmm... your post got me thinking it may be a good idea to move my other threads from quakeone about my creations to over here too, to prevent them from getting lost to the void as well

i made a bunch more stuff for quake, like skins for other member's models,
multiple more models for quake and its mission-packs, and some packs

think ill start with the models & skins that i made for Quake's 2nd mission-pack:
ROGUE aka Dissolution of Eternity, which has all my favourite weapons, monsters & maps

OneMadGypsyPostJuly 24, 2018, 23:48

You are welcome to move everything and anything you want, Talisa. I'd be proud to have your work here. I have a number of important posts as well but, I'm not so sure I care. It's more stuff where I could just save the pages to my computer.

I wonder how much Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 Extended would cry if I told it to turn all of quakeone into a pdf. Probably a whole lot. I think I'm going to try it anyway. If I set the right filters it should stay on the Quakeone domain and maybe that won't be so bad. If I don't set the right filters it's going to try and turn half the internet into a pdf.

Mr.BurnsPostAugust 1, 2018, 13:00
Rogue
January 12, 2018, 09:03

Just a small but important update regarding SMC, I have corresponded with the ever-helpful Seven over the last week and he has said that he is Ok with us replicating the SMC information here for the purposes of archiving what I consider to be a precious resource. Ever mindful of what other less scrupulous individuals did with copies of the SMC mod, I have assured him that full credit will be given to him as the owner of the original work (which MG has already done even though MG clearly put a lot of work in to getting it here and to this standard) .

Kind regards

Monty

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.