Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Name request
ZopPostSeptember 22, 2018, 03:49
Rookie
September 17, 2018, 23:44
Normal topicName request

Hey Gypsy. Thanks for making this site, and especially thanks for making it rusty brown like it should be.

Anyway, my request is to be allowed to have three letters in my user name. Currently the minimum is four characters, so I had to add an extra 'p'.

OneMadGypsyPostSeptember 22, 2018, 05:52
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicReply To: Name request

Your username and your display name are very different things. You can change your display name to whatever you want, at any time. Usernames cannot be changed at all (not even by me). I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may give you.

This reminds me of something I may be trying in the near future. I want to give "MyKey" a shot. Basically, as an option you could download a simple app to your phone and in order to log in all you have to do is wave your phone at the screen. It's not free for me. I would have to pay a little subscription fee to allow y'all to have that feature. I don't mind doing that if y'all actually used it. I will never get rid of the standard login form or force anyone to download/install things to be able to access the site but, I like the idea a lot as an alternative login method. No more forgotten passwords and/or failed login attempts.

ZopPostSeptember 23, 2018, 00:16
Rookie
September 17, 2018, 23:44
Normal topicReply To: Name request

I saw my name as Zop after I posted, so that was a bit amusing.

Although that tech is "neat", I doubt it's warranted, particularly if it costs you money. I'll get used to another login name, I'm sure.

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.