Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
New Site
CiprianPostAugust 12, 2019, 23:38
Administrator
November 24, 2009, 08:19
Normal topicNew Site

So, I took over these forums, I changed the name (with permission, obviously) and reposted everything. I haven't touched the topics, the replies, the content.

It's up to you to come back and update your accounts and profiles.

Contact me at getbutterfly@gmail.com and let me know.

Note: I know the color contrast is horrible in some parts of the website, but I am working on improving the forum skin.

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 14, 2019, 22:02
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicNew Site

I noticed at one point you had little ranger heads for the sub-category icon. What if you used the Quake texture for a computer terminal? Also, when I was writing this stylesheet I was highly tempted to find a transparent seamless texture or 2 to use, in order to remove some of the blah. I only considered against this because I didn't want to start creating dependencies and/or spend the time finding dependencies that you will not ultimately use. It is my opinion though that a subtle pattern for at least the main background could do a lot for appearance.

A wallpaper for the very background might also be a good idea. I made a mock up as an example. YOu may notice that your logo is a little weird in this image. That's because your logo has a solid black background and I wanted to make an example that did not have that so I applied a css filter to the image to get rid of it. It's just an example. I also made the body of the page have a .95 opacity so you could very subtly see the image through the body. It is a quake wallpaper and when viewed at fullsize you can see a Ranger through the body.

CiprianPostAugust 14, 2019, 22:24
Administrator
November 24, 2009, 08:19
Normal topicNew Site

I still have ranger heads on the main forums. I didn't have time to replace all icons yet.

And I do agree some changes are in order, so if you can come up with something, I'd be happy to implement.

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 14, 2019, 22:43
Normal topicNew Site

woops forgot to post the actual image in my above edit. I have 2 stacked monitors of unequal size.

@heads ~ hmm apparently you do, they do not show up in Brave browser. Maybe that browser is locking me to old data. This image was a screenshot from firefox.

This is all I did. You probably wouldn't want to use my logo trick of course. The image is from http://www.allfinweb.com/gallery/quake-live-wallpaper-1920.html#photo_2

body{
  background-image:url("qs.jpg") !important;
  background-repeat:repeat-y;
  background-attachment:fixed;
}

.container-wrap>div>div>img{
  mix-blend-mode: lighten;
}
#container{opacity:.95}

lol, the text in code is white. Also url tag is doing weird things.

edit: As a test I changed .95 to .98 for opacity and you can actually still make out the background image behind the body without the body seeming like it's "ghosting"

OneMadGypsyPostAugust 14, 2019, 23:33
Normal topicNew Site

Or you can do it this way and not only does my logo trick work but, it also looks bad-ass. Adding 0x040404 (or some such idea like this) to the necessary :root vars would probably fix the slight washout.

trust me, there is code in this box :D

body:before{
    content: ' ';
    display: block;
    position: fixed;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    z-index: 1;
    mix-blend-mode: luminosity;
    opacity:.2;