August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Allowed Email Domain Filter
OneMadGypsyPostDecember 29, 2017, 19:41
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicAllowed Email Domain Filter

I keep getting halfway sign ups from crazy-ass email addresses like @elizabeth-taylor.eaglewings.top and other such nonsense like that. These "users" never even finish the registration process so this is not a big deal but, I pretty much have zero tolerance for bullshit so, now you can only sign up here if your email domain is one of these.

• gmail
  • hotmail
  • live
  • protonmail
  • yahoo
  • ymail
  • yandex

If anyone knows of a well known email domain that I have missed please tell me in a reply below and I will add it to the whitelist. Almost everyone here is using gmail and I am assuming that for the most part that will end up being the grand majority of any future users here as well. If you are trying to sign up and you do not have an email account with an established and well known provider you have 2 choices ~ Go get an email from a well-know provider or get used to the fact that you will not be a member. I'm not fucking around when it comes to the integrity of my board. If my decisions are ~ allow some bullshit email address or protect my users and investments I will pick the latter every single time. I don't have to think about it at all, much less twice. Going the blacklist route is not acceptable to me. The blacklist was huge and if I went that route I could double or triple it over the next few years adding stupid shit like elizabeth-taylor.eaglewings.top. I have better things to do with my time.

If anyone with an allowed email domain has a problem signing up or in please contact me immediately and I will solve it. I do not care where I am or what I am doing it will become my new priority. The plugin had high ratings and active users. It was also marked as tested and compatible with my version of wordpress so, I do not foresee or expect any issues. In most cases only the .com version of a domain will work. I have made a couple of exceptions but, I will not be describing those exceptions due to astute spammers being able to use that explanation to trick my filter.

contact hint: OneMadGypsy at the google version of email

OneMadGypsyPostDecember 31, 2017, 09:42
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicReply To: Allowed Email Domain Filter

Well, this just didn't do anything at all. I just got a signup from Farrah-Fawcett.breastfeed.xyz. I realized the plugin is probably only designed to work with the stock WP sign-up form and I am not using that. Actually, pretty much nothing on this site is stock WP. I've pretty much overwritten everything with a plugin of some kind. The only exceptions are posts and pages but even those are enhanced greatly in the back-end. Speaking of plugins I slimmed them down a hair. I had a number of plugins with overlapping features because they also had other features which I wanted. Through the adventure of collecting all these plugins over time, I realized that I was finally at a situation where A partially overlaps B and C overlaps the rest of B so, B was unnecessary. I think I just about have this boiled down to a WP suite with little overlap. This site uses 30 plugins. There are still some features that I would like but, I doubt we will have them. I have searched high and low to no avail. Some of the features I would like exist but only for the stock WP way of doing things (like the email filter).

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.