August 5, 2019

Forums

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1
Our Host
OneMadGypsyPostOctober 10, 2018, 02:17
November 12, 2017, 00:13
Normal topicOur Host

I just renewed our plan for another year but, I bought the shit plan again. Before this year is up I am going to move the site and domain to some other host and cancel my one.com subscription. I am completely fed up with these people.

1) These mother fuckers held my site hostage almost 2 months before the year is up. I bought this shit November 11th 2017. I got an "outstanding payment" invoice on September 27th 2018. I ignored the fuck out of it cause September 27th is not November 11th. I just got a suspension warning to go into effect by October 20th ... which is also not November 11th.

2) I spent 30 minutes chatting with the slowest "customer service" on earth about this issue just to be told that I "could" wait til November 11th but, I will be charged late fees. How the fuck I will be charged late fees for paying on time is a question they couldn't answer. She told me "We are sending invoices out 60 days in advance because we renew your domain before it is due." I said "goody-goody for you! What the hell does that have to do with my site being suspended 22 days before the REAL due date?" ..."It's because we renew the domain before it is due." ... "Is there something wrong with you? I don't pay my rent early just because the landlord already paid the water bill. Let me speak to somebody that I can yell at." ...lol

3) I got another email 2 days ago informing me they will be raising my rate. I already pay too much for the shitty fucking specs of this server. I see on their home page they are always offering these way discounted rates for new sign-ups but, I need to pay more to cover "growing operational costs". All I see is me paying more so somebody else can get a discount. Right now I could sign up for a fresh domain and get better shit for less than I am paying now (A LOT LESS... like almost half price). I'm completely done with One.com and I don't recommend them, at all. When I first started using them 4 years ago they were pretty good. Their evolving business model seems to be to get people in the door cheap for the first year and fuck everybody else to make it happen. I've been with these people 4 years and everything keeps getting more and more expensive but, nothing gets better and the sign-on costs keep getting lower and lower.

My OneMadGypsy.com site has SSH and all kinds of other stuff that the exact same plan no longer offers. THIS site IS "the exact same plan" but, it's not all that "exact" for the exact same price. I guess I am "grand-fathered" in with OneMadGypsy.com but, the price is identical. Anyway, some time in the next few months this site will probably be down for a day while it gets completely moved to a new server. This is definitely going to happen. If I had to make a prediction, I would say probably February or March. I'll give everybody a heads-up as it gets a lot closer to when it will happen.

Mr.BurnsPostOctober 10, 2018, 02:33
Rogue
January 12, 2018, 09:03
Normal topicReply To: Our Host

Thanks for the heads up MG. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Kind regards

Monty

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 10, 2018, 02:49

I can't think of anything that anyone will have to do. Actually, the site might not even go down, at all. I could always purchase service with a new host, move everything, and then as the last thing redirect the domain. Actually, I will exactly do that BUT, once the domain is redirected I MIGHT have to put the site in maintenance mode while I make sure that I didn't forget to move something. I won't really be able to test the site til the domain is redirected. However, we definitely will not lose anything. I have backups going all the way back to the first month of making this site and they are all on the cloud. By the time I move this site I will have even more backups and I will make a backup before moving it. I will move it FROM a backup. That's the beauty of the only plugin I pay for. It's backup + migrate.

OneMadGypsyPostOctober 10, 2018, 03:01

There. I just ran a fresh backup, cleared all post-revisions & trashed posts, cleared the cache, smooshed all images and optimized the database. Everything is as saved and clean as it gets.

Pages: 1
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.