Posted on October 3rd, 2010 | Last modified on July 18th, 2019
Replaces the regular nail gun with the fire launching Blaze Gun! The blaze gun has the following attributes and is unique among weapon mods:
- fires flame models, not pixelated sprites
- launched flames are affected by gravity
- for the above reason it does not auto aim
- launched flames are extinguished upon impact with water or acid
- the blaze gun _can_ be fired under water, but not much happens
- all new, very cool sound effects for the firing, impacting and extinguishing flames
- besides initial impact damage the flame has a slight area effect damage
- firing the weapon produces kick-back, affecting the velocity of the firing player
- there is a chance that flames will catch an entity on fire when it impacts it
- multiple flames can catch onto an enemy, all visible burning it
- flames can spread from one burning entity to another, to other players or to the player who fired the flame
- flames can only be extinguished by immersing the flame (not necessarily the entire burning entity) in water or acid
- zombies recieve extra damage while burning (but not from impact) in order that they might eventually gib
A significant amount of time was spent balancing this weapon to make it worth using in both single player and deathmatch games. The main disadvantages of the weapon are its kickback, its gravity affected trajectory, and its capability of injuring the wielder. This is balanced by the weapon’s area effect, the ability to ignite enemies, and the chance that the fire will spread to other enemy entities. The weapon is slighty more powerful in single player games because monsters are not modified to seek water when burning.
Blaze Gun (398 downloads)
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.