This is very simple – you can get a righteous demon-shredding chainsaw to cut your opponents into meaty bits. That’s all there is to it.
Well, the details, if you can’t figure them out:
* The chainsaw is linked to the axe, weapon 1, and selected in preference to it.
* Other players can tell if you’re carrying one. (not just by sound, by vision as well).
* You can take a chainsaw from an ogre, or you can pick one up that has been explicitly added to a level. Also, in deathmatch green armor will be replaced with chainsaws.
* A saw is about as powerful as a quad ax.
* A quad saw is lots of fun and very powerful- it hardly ever fails to gib your victim.
* This is nasty against grunts, enforcers, knights and ogres. If you’re any good you can take them out easily. Even HellKnights are no problem if you have enough room to keep backing up. I’ve also defeated Shamblers with this and only been hit once or twice. Scrags are no problem if they come down to where you can reach. However, if you’re faced with a fiend, or especially a tarbaby (for obvious reasons) you should run away and come back when you have some ammo! And oh yeah, you can filet fish of course…
* I took out the weapon switching when you grab a backpack. I didn’t like it.Chainsaw (328 downloads)
Also, here’s a model and a sound for a custom chainsaw. Implementation is up to you.Chainsaw (265 downloads)
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.