Turtle Arena (working title) is a free and open source cross-platform third-person action game using a modified version of the ioquake3 engine.
Turtle Arena is currently focused on multiplayer (with multiple
game modes) and can be played with human players over a network,
splitscreen, or with AI players. In the future there will also be a
single player / cooperative reach the end of the level mode with AI
Turtle Arena 0.5.0 Features
- Four player splitscreen.
- Network multiplayer.
- 7 Playable Gametypes;
- Single Player / cooperative platform mode (work in progress).
- Free for All (Deathmatch).
- Dual, one vs. one dual.
- Team Deathmatch.
- Capture the Flag (CTF), take the other team’s flag back to your base.
- One Flag CTF, take the center flag to the other team’s base.
- Overload, attack the other team’s base.
- Five playable characters.
- Melee and projectile weapons.
- Shurikens, pick up projectile weapons that are usable regardless of currently held weapon.
- Player AI bots enable playing alone.
- Modification support, create your own levels, characters, weapons, and more.
- Free and open source, you can see how it works and with programming knowledge create a whole new game.
- Content licensed under the Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA-3.0) that you can improve, reuse, and use to create your own game.
- Music created by zero-project.
- Aspect-correct widescreen support.
- New title for the game.
- New (somewhat original) characters, replacing the current Ninja Turtle players.
- Story and intro for the game.
- Single player / cooperative platform mode;
- More Playable Characters.
- More Multiplayer Levels.
- More Gametypes;
- Last Man Standing.
- King of the Hill.
- Destroyable and interactive objects for scenery.
Turtle Arena is available for download for Windows and Linux, here.
The developer would appreciate feedback, thanks.