Why the Big Fuzzy?
How the hell did this place come to be known as the Big Fuzzy? Find out and win some swag in the process.
There it is, so big, and yet so fuzzy.
Over a year ago, I started calling PlanetQuake "the Big Fuzzy" and for some strange reason, it caught on. We see mail addressing the site and community as the Big Fuzzy more and more. The readership has started to ask why I came up with the term and where it came from. Our own forum community has pondered and asked other staff members only to be told that "you'll have to ask Pappy". I've been saying for a while now that I didn't want to just blurt it out. I'd rather have a contest, 'cause giving stuff away just rocks. Now you can find out what it means and win some booty in the process.
What better time could there possibly be for the contest than right now, the day before PQ turns 4 years old. Yup, to help celebrate the fourth anniversary of PlanetQuake, you'll get a chance to win a GameSpy t-shirt, mug and GameSpy Arcade registration. That's a phat package of goodies and all you have to do is venture a guess.
The contest will be from the time your wrap your head around this info until Sunday night October 15th at 12AM EDT. I'll announce the winner and the reason I call PQ the "Big Fuzzy" on Monday the 16th. Don't look for hints or try to buy off staff members here, I'm the only one that knows. The winner will be the first correct answer submitted and the time of the mail will be the way that is determined. Never before has knowing whats on my mind been worth a damned thing, but now it is! Just mail me (Pappy-R) with your answer as to why I started calling PlanetQuake the "Big Fuzzy". It ain't no mystery of the universe, give it a shot!
Let me at least help you with reasons that will not get you any swag. I know, I'm far too nice, and narrowing it down is just damned human of me. Here's a few ideas on why I called PQ the Big Fuzzy that are just wrong:
- Fargo left the site out of the fridge overnight and ya just know what happens to an unchilled Planet.
- Way too many mornings of seeing Mark "Bastard" Sufras come into work with that unshaved look.
- Pappy's got a beard! Yeah that's it! Not!
- Peaches, the GameSpy fridge was stocked with peaches when Pappy visited. Nope, it was Bawls and those are not fuzzy.
- Pappy gets a warm fuzzy feeling every morning when he reads his mail. Oh there's no way that much goat pr0n spam can brighten anyones day.
- Lint! Pappy's office needs to be dusted so bad he scrawls his reminders on the desk with his nose. Nope, as long as my comps are around, dust won't be.
- When Pappy was down at GameSpy, he shared lunch with shaithis. Super shaithis can still be heard telling people, "No, that sandwich is fine".
Do ya like contests and swag? Want more? Let us know, write a little feedback.