Skin My Ash
Here's a chance to win GameSpy swag by creating an awesome skin for a PQ Staff guy.
Skin my Ash, it needs it!
It's PlanetQuake Contest time again, and the challenge this time is to make a skin for none other than me, Ash, the Content Manager here at the Big Fuzzy. There are a couple reasons for the contest, so I figured I would share them with you before you get your graphic program of choice smoking.
The first happened the other day when Pappy-R and I were playing Quake, (not exactly a rare occurance), when I stopped for a bit to check out the seksi Doom skin he was wearing. It's a quality skin that was made by ALPHAWolf for a previous contest, and it (along with the entire contest and the entries) was cool as hell.
Second, we just haven't been giving out enough swag here lately! Team PlanetQuake has been on a roll in the PlanetQuake GameSpy Arcade Challenge, and hasn't lost a match for over a month and a half! So besides needing to taunt you readers to get in there on Monday and kick our asses for once, it's just time to kick down some swag.
So here is that contest, your opportunity to score some GameSpy goods, and grab a little fame and fortune (well, maybe not fortune) for creating an awesome skin. There really are no stylistic requirements for the skin in order for it to be a contender to win, but just so you have something to work from, I'll tell you a little about myself:
- I'm pretty fond of the Ranger and Visor models.
- Blue is my favorite color (usually like a navy blue or something).
That's pretty much all that I can say that will help any. As far as rules, I'll make a list here just so it's official:
- Make your skin for the Ranger or Visor model.
- Pak it up all nice into a pk3 file, so I can just pop it into my baseq3 folder to take a look.
- Entries need to be received by November 24, 2000. Then I'll take the weekend to check them out.
- The winner gets a phat GameSpy Prize Pack including a GameSpy 3D registration, a GameSpy Arcade registration, a GameSpy t-shirt, GameSpy mug, GameSpy Mousepad and GameSpy shot glass.
- Second place gets a copy of GameBind Pro, the impressive commercial bind and script configurator for Quake engine games by Clandestyne Software.
So when you've completed your masterpeice, you can sent it right in to Ash, (that's me). I'll judge all of the skins, probably with a little critical assistance from Pappy-R and crew, and have the winners up for you on the following Monday after the deadline. There's a little over three weeks there, so good luck and I can't wait to see your quality work!